Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Knights of Ni

Ok, I'll admit it. When I got an invitation to play chess for a team named Knights of Ni I had to google it. My only excuse for not knowing this trivia is that I must not have had a sufficiently misspent youth. But from now on you can just call me 'Board 4'. I'm about to get my chance to try Team 4545 league play on the ICC.

The idea of the league is appealing. Firstly, it's team play, so you aren't out there by yourself. Secondly, the time controls are G/45 with a 45 second increment: real actual chess. And thirdy, games are arranged to try to suit the schedules of each player. And playing the games on ICC means no traveling to play, no need to keep a scoresheet, and no need to slam a clock.

OK fine. So I'm not playing in the USCL with Nakamura, Shulman, and Finegold for the St. Louis Archbishops. But a guy's gotta start somewhere, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment