Friday, June 18, 2010

Did I Mention the Grandmasters?

I had another great day at the St. Louis Chess Club before leaving for home tomorrow. As usual, I played lots of games. In this picture you can see that I'm not the only one that gets a headache from playing A-players like Alex Vergilesov.

And just to prove that I really did meet the player who signed my board in Indianapolis, here's GM Hikaru Nakamura and I posing under the club logo. Hikaru came in for a little 5 minute tourrnament action tonight and was kind enough to pose with me.

I caught GM Ben Finegold knocking out a few speed games with the guys (that's his daughter peering around another player). Later I listened to a great lecture he gave, reviewing all 6 of his games from the recent Nationals in Las Vegas. Amazingly, I actually understood some of the moves. At least .... I think I did.

1 comment:

  1. Bob,

    I'm happy you enjoyed your stay at our club! Please send your e-mail address to info@saintlouischessclub.org so I can add you to my media distribution list. Thanks so much for the kind words.

    -Mike Wilmering

    ReplyDelete